Grading Policy

    Exams, quizzes, and special assignments will determine 70% of your grade.  The remaining 30% of your grade will be determined by the final exam.  Neither homework not class attendance will be used to compute your grade unless you are auditing the course.  In this case you must attend at least 40% of the time to receive the grade AU; otherwise you will receive the grade W.
    Although homework will not be used directly in the computation of your grade, it should not be inferred that doing homework is unnecessary.  This is one of the best ways to learn calculus.  Occasionally, homework may be collected in order to monitor your understanding of the material.
     Partial credit will be given on all quizzes and exams.  Hence, it is necessary that you show all work in order to receive proper credit.  The solution to a problem includes the process involved in reaching the final answer.  Failure to show this work may result in your not being given full credit.
     If you have a valid reason for missing an exam or quiz, you will be given a makeup.  If possible, you should notify the instructor in advance of missing an exam to make arrangements to take a makeup.
     On all exams and quizzes it is expected that you will do your own work and not copy from others.  Failure to comply with this policy may result in losing a significant amount of credit and could result in being assigned a failing grade for the course.

     The following grading scale will be used.

90 - 100% 


80 -  89% 

B (at least)

70 -  79% 

C (at least)

55 -  69%

D (at least)

Below 55% 

F (at least)