Exams and quizzes will determine 70% of your grade. The remaining 30% of your grade will be determined by the final exam. Neither homework nor class attendance will be used to compute your grade except if you are auditing the course. If you are auditing the course, you must attend at least 40% of the time to receive the grade AU; otherwise you will receive the grade W.
While homework will not be used
directly in the computation of your grade, it should not be inferred that doing
homework is unnecessary. This is one of the best ways to learn
mathematics. Occasionally, homework may be collected in order to monitor
your understanding of the material.
Partial credit will be given on most exams and quizzes. The amount of credit given on a particular problem will depend upon the work you show. In some cases, if you do not show your work, full credit may not be given for a “correct answer” to a problem. Therefore, it is necessary that you show all work that is relevant to the problems you solve.
If you have a valid reason for missing an exam or quiz, you will be given a makeup. If possible, you should notify the instructor in advance of missing an exam to make arrangements to take a makeup.
On all exams and quizzes it is expected that you will do your own work and not copy from others. Failure to comply with this policy may result in losing a significant amount of credit and could result in being assigned a failing grade for the course.
The following grading scale will be
90 – 100% A
80 – 89% B (at least)
– 79% C (at least)
55 – 69% D (at least)
Below 55% F (at least)