Grading Policy

    Exams and special assignments (and/or quizzes)  will determine 75% of your grade.  The remaining 25% of your grade will be determined by the final exam.  Neither homework nor class attendance will be used to compute your grade except if you are auditing the course.   If you are auditing the course, you must attend at least 40% of the time to receive the grade AU; otherwise you will receive the grade W.
    While homework will not be used directly in the computation of your grade, it should not be inferred that doing homework is unnecessary.  This is one of the best ways to learn mathematical concepts.
    Wherever possible, partial credit will be given on all exams and special assignments.  The amount of credit given on a particular problem will depend upon the work you show. In some cases, if you do not show your work, full credit may not be given for a correct answer to a problem.  Therefore, it is necessary that you show all work that is relevant to the problems you solve.  In cases where written responses are required, clarity of exposition and correctness of grammar will determine a small portion of the partial credit given.
    If you have a valid reason for missing an exam or quiz, you will be given a makeup.  If possible, you should notify the instructor in advance of missing an exam to make arrangements to take a makeup.
    On all exams it is expected that you will do your own work and not copy from others.  Failure to comply with this policy may result in losing a significant amount of credit and could result in being assigned a failing grade for the course.
    The following grading scale will be used.
 

88 - 100% 

A

76 -  87% 

B (at least)

64 -  75% 

C (at least)

50 -  63%

D (at least)

Below 50% 

F (at least)